Broadly, the research activities in the laboratory focus on spatial and physical modeling in support of automation so that physical artifacts can be represented, analyzed, designed, and manufactured based on computer representations and algorithms.
Current projects include:
• Modeling and reconstruction of material structures
• Modeling and simulation of composites
• Configuration modeling and analysis
• Meshfree simulation and computational design
• Modeling and simulation in additive manufacturing
• Geometric interoperability, interchangeability, and integration in design and manufacturing